Mary, Queen of James II, quitting the Kingdom [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Mary, Queen of James II, quitting the Kingdom [graphic]
- Mary, Queen of James II, quitting the Kingdom [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Mary, Queen of James the Second, quitting the Kingdom
- Stow, James, approximately 1770- printmaker
Opie, John, 1761-1807, artist.
Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834, publisher.
- Published / Created
- April 1796.
- Publication Place
- Published by R. Bowyer, Historic Gallery, Pall Mall
"Illustration to Bowyer's edition of Hume's 'History of England'; queen with infant in arms is helped onto a rowing boat, pulled towards land by muscular figure at right."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text below image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark on three sides.
Plate  in a volume bound to 50 cm.
- 1 print : sheet 48 x 33 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 812 B68
- Collection Title
- Plate  Plate in: Series of one hundred and ninety-six engravings, (in the line manner) by the first artists in the country, illustrative of the history of England.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834
- Collection Date
- London : Printed for the proprietor, R. Bowyer, 80, Pall Mall; by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, 1812.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Engravings England London 1796
- engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Mary, of Modena, Queen, consort of James II, King of England, 1658-1718,
- Subject (Topic)
Mary, of Modena, Queen, consort of James II, King of England, 1658-1718
England > London > 1796
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)