The desperate action between the Terrible and Vengeance, Dec. 1757 [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The desperate action between the Terrible and Vengeance, Dec. 1757 [graphic]
- The desperate action between the Terrible and Vengeance, Dec. 1757 [graphic]
- Slann, Robert, fl. 1820, printmaker
Smirke, Robert, 1752-1845, artist.
Cleveley, Robert, 1747-1809, artist.
Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834, publisher.
- Published / Created
- March 1797.
- Publication Place
- Published by R. Bowyer, Historic Gallery, Pall Mall
"Naval engagement between two privateers, in frame supported by plinth, on which sit 2 young seamen; trophy flags draped over top of frame; rocky hillside as background."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text below image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark on three sides.
- 1 print : sheet 48 x 33 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 812 B68
- Collection Title
- Plate  Plate in: Series of one hundred and ninety-six engravings, (in the line manner) by the first artists in the country, illustrative of the history of England.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834
- Collection Date
- London : Printed for the proprietor, R. Bowyer, 80, Pall Mall; by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, 1812.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)