Lewis Walpole Library > A [graphic].
- A [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- A, for an archer, who wounded a queen, the stoutest Apollo that ever was seen ...
- Lane, Theodore, 1800-1828, printmaker
- Humphrey, G. 1773-1831?, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Pubd. by G. Humphrey, 27 St. James's St.
"George IV, on a galloping horse, aims an arrow at the crowned head of the Queen (left), which emerges above the clouds of dust raised by his horse. He wears military uniform, with peacock's feathers (see British Museum Satires No. 13299) in his cocked hat. In the distance (right) are the domes of the Pavilion. The plate faces lines beginning: A, for an Archer, who wounded a Queen, The stoutest Apollo that ever was seen, ..."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Alternative title from letterpress text on facing page of the bound work.
Attributed to Theodore Lane in the British Museum catalogue.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Plate from: Rosco. Horrida bella. London : G. Humphrey, 1820.
Mounted on page 9 of: George Humphrey shop album.
Mounted opposite the sheet of corresponding letterpress text that would have faced the plate in the bound work.
- 1 print : sheet 11.5 x 18 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 H89 821 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Page 9. George Humphrey shop album.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Humphrey, G., 1773-1831?, collector.
- Collection Date
- [London], [not after 1821]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1820
Etchings England London 1820
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830
Caroline, Queen, consort of George IV, King of Great Britain, 1768-1821
Royal Pavilion (Brighton, England),
- Subject (Topic)
George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830 > Caricatures and cartoons
Caroline, Queen, consort of George IV, King of Great Britain, 1768-1821 > Caricatures and cartoons
Rosco > Illustrations
Royal Pavilion (Brighton, England)
England > 1820
England > London > 1820
Humphrey, G. (George), 1773-1831? > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)