The Earl of Surrey, ae. 22 [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > The Earl of Surrey, ae. 22 [art original].
- The Earl of Surrey, ae. 22 [art original].
- Published / Created
- [approximately 1750]
- Publication Place
Half-length, oval portrait of Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey, an English nobleman, was one of the founders of English Renaissance poetry. Created in preparation for the engraved portrait print engraved by Jacobus Houbraken and published by John & Paul Knapton in 1750
Title from inscription on verso of drawing.
Portrait is unsigned.
One of ten watercolor portraits and other drawings included in George Vertue's set of engravings: The heads of the most illustrious persons of Great Britain (London : John and Paul Knapton). See all catalog records by searching call number: LWL Folio 724 743 H432 (Oversize).
- 1 painting : oval sheet 17.3 x 15 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 743 H432 Box 6 Folder 13 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- The Earl of Surrey. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)