Portolan chart of the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea, and the northern coast of Africa.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Portolan chart of the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea, and the northern coast of Africa.
- Portolan chart of the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea, and the northern coast of Africa.
- Comberford, Nicholas, -1673, cartographer.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- [England] : [Nicholas Comberford]
"Made by Nicholas Comberford dwelling neare to the way end of the school house at the signe of the Platt in Radcliffe, anno 1647."
Contains two and a half compass roses and four listings of indexed names.
Decoration: city views with banners.
Pen-and-ink in black, red, blue, green, yellow and gold.
Portolan chart with seaport names given for all coastlines.
Scale "containeth one hundreth English leagues after twentie to a degree."
Title devised by cataloger.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : manuscript, color, vellum ; sheets 49 x 23 cm or smaller
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Scale approximately 1:3,421,440
- (W 7°--E 40°/N 47°--N 29°)., -007.000000, 029.000000, 040.000000, 047.000000, 3421440, and a
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- 49 1647
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Black Sea--Maps--Early works to 1800.
Mediterranean Sea--Maps--Early works to 1800.
- Subject (Topic)
Nautical charts--Black Sea--Early works to 1800.
Nautical charts--Mediterranean Sea--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)