[Portrait of an Indian groom, three British children, and their ponies in India [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Portrait of an Indian groom, three British children, and their ponies in India [art original].
- [Portrait of an Indian groom, three British children, and their ponies in India [art original].
- Alternative Title
Triple portrait of three children and their ponies
Three children with ponies, groom and dogs
- Chinnery, George, 1774-1852, attributed name.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1840]
- Publication Place
- India or England?
At center a portrait of an Indian Groom, flanked by three British Children with Ponies and two dogs set in a landscape, possibly Calcutta or Patna
Title devised by curator.
Title from 2005 Christie's appraisal: Triple portrait of three children and their ponies
Dated in Christie's appraisal: Circa 1840.
Unidentified artist, Anglo-Indian School. Formerly attributed to Chinnery.
- 1 painting : 26.5 x 35 in.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
No linguistic content
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- LWL Ptg. 132 Framed, on view in Long Hall
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Three Children with Ponies, Groom and Dogs. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)