Miss Farren [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Miss Farren [graphic]
- Miss Farren [graphic]
- Jones, John, 1745?-1797, printmaker, publisher
Damer, Anne Seymour, 1748 or 1749-1828, sculptor.
Roberts, James, 1753-approximately 1809, artist, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [31 March 1789]
- Publication Place
- Oxford and London
- Publish'd as the act directs, March 31, 1789, by James Roberts, Hogarth's Passage, Oxford; and John Jones, No. 75 Great Portland Street, London
"Portrait bust as Thalia on a ledge, turned in profile to right and wearing crown of leaves, her hair curled to her shoulders, oval design; after a sculpture by Anne Seymour Damer, from a series of engravings after her work."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Dedication etched below title: To the Countess of Aylesbury this engraving from the original bust executed in marble by the Honble. Mrs. Damer is most respectfully dedicated by her Ladyship's most devoted & most grateful servant, James Roberts.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Mounted on page 200 of Horace Walpole's extra-illustrated copy of his: A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole. Strawberry Hill : Printed by Thomas Kirgate, 1784. See Hazen, A.T. Bibliography of the Strawberry Hill Press (1973 ed.), no. 30, copy 12.
- 1 print : sheet 34.3 x 25.4 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3582 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Stipple engravings England London 1789
Stipple engravings England Oxford 1789
- stipple engraving with etching ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Farren, Elizabeth, 1762-1829,
- Subject (Topic)
Farren, Elizabeth, 1762-1829
England > London > 1789
England > Oxford > 1789
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Knight, William, -1847 > Ownership
Bull, Richard, 1725-1806 > Ownership
Curtis, Charles Constable, 1852-1936 > Ownership
Curtis, Edith Fanny Onslow, -1944 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)