The priory of St. Hubert, a farm belonging to the Countess of Suffolk at Marble-Hill near Twickenham [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > The priory of St. Hubert, a farm belonging to the Countess of Suffolk at Marble-Hill near Twickenham [art original].
- The priory of St. Hubert, a farm belonging to the Countess of Suffolk at Marble-Hill near Twickenham [art original].
- Bentley, R. (Richard), 1708-1782, artist
- Published / Created
- [approximately 1750?]
- Publication Place
A design for St. Hubert's Priory, a perspective with part plan showing piers of the tower. The steeple has been drawn on a separate piece of paper and mounted to the sheet with the main building, cut to line up with the roof line
Title from Horace Walpole's ms. note in ink on mount below drawing.
Date from J. Harris.
With a note in Horace Walpole's hand in ink below title: N.B. This was built, but pulled down after her death.
With a watermark (partial) in center of sheet.
Formerly mounted on leaf 51 in an album assembled by Horace Walpole: Drawings and designs by Richd. Bentley ... [Strawberry Hill], [ca. 1760].
- 1 drawing on 2 sheets : irregular sheet 33 x 27 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3585 leaf 51r Box 4
- Collection Title
- Drawings and designs by Richd. Bentley ...
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [ca. 1760]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Wash drawings British 18th century
- brown and grey wash with pen and ink and pencil ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Marble Hill House (London, England)
- Subject (Topic)
Marble Hill House (London, England)
British > 18th century
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ms. notes
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Richard Bentley, The Priory of St. Hubert, a Farm Belonging to the Countess of Suffolk at Marble-Hill near Twickenham. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)