Design (not executed) of a farm-house for Sr. Thomas Seabright at Beechwood in Hertfordshire [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > Design (not executed) of a farm-house for Sr. Thomas Seabright at Beechwood in Hertfordshire [art original].
- Design (not executed) of a farm-house for Sr. Thomas Seabright at Beechwood in Hertfordshire [art original].
- Alternative Title
- Design (not executed) of a farmhouse for Sir Thomas Seabright at Beechwood in Hertforshire
- Bentley, R. (Richard), 1708-1782, artist
- Published / Created
- [not after 1760]
- Publication Place
A drawing showing the plan and elevation for Sir Thomas Seabright's farmhouse Beechwood in Herfordshire which was never executed according to Horace Walpole's note. Includes notes on heights and floorplan with rooms indicated in the artist's hand and note at the bottom of the drawing, "... where the pricked line is: must be thrown a strong arch, to Support the Angle made betweem the two tow'rs."
Title from Horace Walpole's ms. note in ink written on mount below drawing.
Date based on creation date of Horace Walpole's album. One of two drawings for the farmhouse included in the album.
Formerly mounted on leaf 53 in an album assembled by Horace Walpole: Drawings and designs by Richd. Bentley ... [Strawberry Hill], [ca. 1760].
- 1 drawing : sheet 38.5 x 26 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3585 leaf 53 Box 4
- Collection Title
- Drawings and designs by Richd. Bentley ...
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [ca. 1760]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Wash drawings British 18th century
- brown wash and brown pen and ink ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Hertfordshire (England)
- Subject (Name)
- Seabright, Thomas Saunders, -1761.
- Subject (Topic)
Seabright, Thomas Saunders, -1761
British > 18th century
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ms. notes
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Richard Bentley, Design (Not Executed) of a Farm-house for Sr. Thomas Seabright at Beechwood in Hertfordshire. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)