Lewis Walpole Library > Crawley [graphic]
- Crawley [graphic]
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker, artist
Alken, Samuel, 1756-1815, printmaker.
G. and J. Robinson (Paternoster Row, London, England), publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 June 1790]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd June 1, 1790, by Messrs. Robinsons, Paternoster Row
A crowd, gathered in the courtyard under the sign of The George Inn on the route to Brighton, examine a horse seemingly under auction; a man in the doorway holds up a hammer. People look out at the scene from the windows of the inn. Two men converse with a woman to the left as her dog looks at the scene; a traveler with a pack and walking stick sits on a stoop to adjust his shoe
Title etched below image.
Third of eight plates to: Wigstead, H. An excursion to Brighthelmstone, made in the year 1789. London : Printed ... for G.G.J. and J. Robinson, 1790.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
1 print : etching and aquatint in sepia on laid paper ; sheet 26.7 x 33.7 cm.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark with loss of imprint.
- 1 print : sheet 27.3 x 35 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Aquatints England London 1790
Etchings England London 1790
- etching and aquatint in sepia ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > London > 1790
Riviere & Son > Binding
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley > Ownership
Harvey, Francis > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)