Sin ie cure [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > Sin ie cure [art original].
- Sin ie cure [art original].
- Alternative Title
- Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, artist
- Published / Created
- [between 1830 and 1852]
- Publication Place
A full-length caricature of an obese clergy man who wears a bishop's hat (?) and smokes a long pipe as he walks left. He carries a pig and a chicken under his left arm. He holds a Bible in his left hand, and he carries a bottle in his pocket. He has a very large nose and a round checks. His very large belly is exaggerated further in graphite
Title from caption written below image.
Date of creation based on Grant's known years of activity.
For further information, consult library staff.
- 1 drawing : sheet 195 x 152 mm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Drawings G761 no. 2 Box D123
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 19th century
Graphite drawings British 19th century
Ink drawings British 19th century
- brown ink and pen with gray wash with touches of graphite ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 19th century
British > 19th century
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)