Carta de foresta.
- Carta de foresta.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of Carta de foresta, a collection of hunting and forestry laws. With a collection of extracts, in Latin, all concerning laws of forestry.
Binding: Sixteenth century. Endleaves reinforced with vellum, two leaves originally pasted to each board. Sewn on five single, tawed skin thongs laced into paste boards rounded on the outside of the spine edge. Beaded endbands sewn on leather or cane cores but not laced to boards. The spine is square, with traces of adhesive. Covered in dark brown calf, blind-tooled with a triple line border and a small central ornament. Two ribbon fastenings, now wanting. Leather broken at joint, sewing reinforced.
Purchased from H. P. Kraus by David Wagstaff. Gift of Mr. and Mrs. David Wagstaff in 1944.
Script: Written in a well formed chancery hand by a single scribe.
Watermarks: unidentified pot.
- ff. i + xiv + 72 + xvi + i : paper ; 300 x 215 (215 x 128) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 89
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Renaissance--England--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain--Politics and government--1558-1603.
- Subject (Topic)
Forests and forestry.
Hunting--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Carta de Foresta. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 89.
- Orbis Record
- More Information