Conquest of Mexico as performed at Mr. Conduit's, Master of the Mint before the Duke of Cumberland &c. [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Conquest of Mexico as performed at Mr. Conduit's, Master of the Mint before the Duke of Cumberland &c. [graphic]
- Conquest of Mexico as performed at Mr. Conduit's, Master of the Mint before the Duke of Cumberland &c. [graphic]
Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, artist.
John and Josiah Boydell (Firm), publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 February 1791]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd Feb. 1, 1791 by J. & J. Boydell, Cheapside, & at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall Mall, London
Title etched above image.
With a numbered key to Hogarth's composition etched below. Performers: 1. Cortez. Lord Lempster. 2. Cydaria. Lady Caroline Lenox. 3. Almeria. Lady Sophia Fermor. 4. Alibeck. Miss Conduit afterwards Lady Symington. Audience: 5. Duke of Cumberland. 6. Princess Mary. 7. Princess Louisa. 8. Lady Deloraine. 9 & 10. her daughters. 11. Dss. of Richmond. 12. De. of Richmond. 13. Earl of Pomfret. 14. De. of Montagne. 15. Tom Hill. 16. Dr. Desguliers. 17. Bust of Sr. Isaac Newton.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
On page 228 in volume 3.
- 1 print : sheet 15.1 x 22 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 H67 800 v.3 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Etchings England London 1791
- etching ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Pomfret, George Fermor, Earl of, 1722-1785.
- Subject (Topic)
- Theatrical productions
Pomfret, George Fermor, Earl of, 1722-1785
England > London > 1791
Steevens, George, 1736-1800 > Ownership
Perrins, Charles William Dyson, 1864-1958 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)