A tragical ballad of the unfortunate loves of Lord Thomas and fair Eleanor : together with the downfal of the brown girl
Lewis Walpole Library > A tragical ballad of the unfortunate loves of Lord Thomas and fair Eleanor : together with the downfal of the brown girl
- A tragical ballad of the unfortunate loves of Lord Thomas and fair Eleanor : together with the downfal of the brown girl
- Alternative Title
- Tragical ballad, of the unfortunate love of Lord Thomas and fair Eleanor
- Published / Created
- [between 1754 and 1783]
- Publication Place
- Printed and sold at No. 4 Aldermary Church Yard
In three columns with the title above the first two; a woodcut is in middle of the second column; imprint is below the third column; the columns are not separated by rules.
Dated from the address; see David Stoker, "Another look at the Dicey-Marshall publications: 1736-1806", The Library, ser. 7, v. 15:2 (June 2014), 111-157.
Verse begins: "Lord Thomas he was a bold forester,".
Mounted on leaf 72. Copy trimmed.
Bound in three-quarters red morocco leather with marbled boards, with spine title stamped in gold: Old English ballads, woodcuts, vol. 1.
- 1 sheet ( page) : 20 x 30 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 74 OL1 v. 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Early works to 1800
Woodcuts England London 1760
- 1 woodcut ;
- Resource Type
- still image and text
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Daggers & swords
Ballads, English > England > Texts
Man-woman relationships > Poetry > Early works to 1800
Murder > Poetry > Early works to 1800
Suicide > Poetry > Early works to 1800
Courtship > Poetry > Early works to 1800
Betrayal > Poetry > Early works to 1800
Daggers & swords
England > London > 1760
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)