Administrative Instruction No. 54: Health Service in Relocation Centers
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Administrative Instruction No. 54: Health Service in Relocation Centers
- Administrative Instruction No. 54: Health Service in Relocation Centers
- Published / Created
- 1941 October 9
Records related to a community government formed by Japanese American internees at the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona, 1942-1945. Material includes reports from committees on health care, social welfare, and education, as well as a charter for the community government. The collection also includes memoranda about camp governance and other publications in English and Japanese distributed by the United States War Relocation Authority, as well as contemporary newspaper clippings about relocation centers and Japanese Americans.
Purchased from William Reese Co. on the William Robertson Coe Fund No. 3, 2010.
The Poston Relocation Center in Arizona was the largest of the ten Japanese American internment camps operated by the United States War Relocation Authority during World War II, 1942-1945.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-2650
- Collection Title
- Records related to the community government at the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona
- Collection Date
- Container / Volume
- Box 1 | Folder 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Poston (Ariz.)
- Subject (Name)
Poston Relocation Center (Ariz.)
United States. War Relocation Authority
- Subject (Topic)
Concentration camps--United States
Japanese Americans--Forced removal and internment, 1942-1945
World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--Arizona--Poston
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Records Related to the Community Government at the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)