A night scene at Ranelagh on Wednesday 6th of May 1752 [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A night scene at Ranelagh on Wednesday 6th of May 1752 [graphic]
- A night scene at Ranelagh on Wednesday 6th of May 1752 [graphic]
- Carpenter, Henry, publisher.
- Published / Created
- May 29 
- Publication Place
- Publish'd according to the act by H. Carpenter
Satire on the assault by Mountefort Brown on Dr Hill
Title etched above image.
Printed on one sheet with Le malade imaginaire, or, The consultation.
'Price 6d'--Following imprint.
One line of text below title: Thus I bore my point; six rogues in buckram let drive at me.
Three lines of quotation from Henry IV, Part I, below image: I am a rogue if I were not at half sword with a dozen of them two hours together ...
Temporary local subject terms: Interiors: entrance to the Rotunda at Ranelagh -- Lighting: street lamps -- Literature: quotation from Shakespeare's Henry IV, Part 1 -- Mountefort Brown, fl. 1752 -- Mr. Cole, Master of the Ceremonies at Ranelagh -- Constables.
- 1 print : plate mark 32.3 x 20.7 cm, on sheet 34 x 49 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1752
Engravings England London 1752
Etchings England London 1752
- etching & engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Hill, John, 1714?-1775
Hill, John, 1714?-1775 > Caricatures and cartoons
England > 1752
England > London > 1752
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)