Capt. Calipash & Mrs. Calipee [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Capt. Calipash & Mrs. Calipee [graphic]
- Capt. Calipash & Mrs. Calipee [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Captain Calipash and Mrs. Calipee
- Darly, Matthias, approximately 1720-approximately 1778, printmaker
- Published / Created
- Octr. 28, 1777.
- Publication Place
- Pub. by MDarly 120 Bond Street & 39 Strand
A very corpulent couple facing left, promenade arm in arm. The gentleman, behind the woman, wears a military coat, ruffled shirt and a tricorne hat with a bow on the front. He carries a walking stick, and the pommel of his sword is just visible behind the voluminous dress of his wife, whose face is nearly hidden in an enormous calash hat of the period
Title from item.
Trimmed within plate mark.
Signed in lower left image M.D. i.e. Matthias Darly?
MD of publisher's name form a monogram.
Numbered '35' in ink on upper mount.
- 1 print : sheet 34 x 23 cm. in laid to 46 x 33 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)