- From the Collection: Evans, Walter O.
From the Collection: Douglass family
From the Collection: Douglass, Frederick, 1818-1895
From the Collection: Douglass, Helen Amelia Loguen
From the Collection: Douglass, Lewis Henry, 1840-1908
From the Collection: Douglass, Frederick, Jr., 1841-1892
From the Collection: Douglass, Charles R. (Charles Remond Douglass), 1844-1920
- Published / Created
- circa 1868-1886, undated
- Frederick Douglass, Jr., son of Frederick Douglass, compiled this scrapbook. Fashioned from a general receipt ledger book, this scrapbook contains numerous newspaper and magazine clippings, along with family papers and ephemera. The scrapbook also includes the marriage license for Virginia Hewlitt and Frederick Douglass, Jr. (dated August 4, 1869) and the death notice for Anna Murray Douglass, Frederick Douglass's first wife.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- JWJ MSS 240
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 12
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Walter O. Evans Collection of Frederick Douglass and Douglass Family Papers. James Weldon Johnson Collection in the Yale Collection of American Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)