Missal, use of St. Nicholas.
- Missal, use of St. Nicholas.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1200-1299]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, in a single hand, of a missal for the Use of St. Nicholas (Beauvais).
Collation: 59 l. + 2 l. paper + 3 l. original parchment endleaves.
Decoration: miniature of the Crucifixion on gold ground, with protective cloth stitched to leaf (6v.)
Decoration: rubricated. The two-line initials are in gold on pink and blue grounds. Large historiated initial "PP (5v).
Purchased from Richard A. Linenthal (Sotheby's London sale, 2013 July 2, lot 51) on the Edwin J. Beinecke Book Fund, 2013.
Script: Gothic bookhand, large and angular.
- 59 l. : parchment ; 240 x 180 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 1176
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--13th century
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Beauvais (France)
- Subject (Name)
Cathédrale Saint-Pierre (Beauvais, France)
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- MIssal, Use of St. Nicholas. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information