Three friends going on a visit [graphic].
Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library > Three friends going on a visit [graphic].
- Three friends going on a visit [graphic].
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1800?]
- Publication Place
- publisher not identified
Three figures on horseback, riding right to left. Closest to the viewer is large man holding a whip at his side and wearing a hat; next is the figure of Death as a skeleton, wearing a crown and with head turned towards the large man, grinning; and farthest away is a scowling undertaker, holding a whip and with a broad ribbon on his hat
Title etched below image.
Attribution to Richard Newton is suggested in local catalog record.
Approximate date of publication supplied by cataloger.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Reversed version of print published by S.W. Fores in 1796; see British Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 1948,0214.393. See also the reduced copy by Charles Williams that was published in 1806 (No. 10665 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum, v. 8).
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum.
Temporary local Medical Library subject terms: Skeleton as Death.
- 1 print : sheet 235 x 329 mm
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1800
Etchings England London 1800
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1800
England > London > 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)