A doctor and his friends [graphic]
Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library > A doctor and his friends [graphic]
- A doctor and his friends [graphic]
- Cruikshank, Isaac, 1756?-1811?, printmaker
Woodward, G. M. approximately 1760-1809, artist.
Fores, S. W., publisher.
Clements C. Fry Collection of Medical Prints and Drawings (Medical Historical Library, Yale University).
- Published / Created
- Octr. 6, 1798.
- Publication Place
- Pubd. by S.W. Fores, 50 Piccadilly
A man with a gouty foot sits at a table on which a caraffe and decanter sit with a glass. The figure of the devil sits in an upholsered armchair grinning at the man as he pours a glass of liquid on his head. To their right a skeleton on a three-legged stool is engaged in conversation with a clergy man, both holding glasses of wine. Between the pairs above their heads is written, "A fig for sack & sherry, Our cans we'll clink. Our liquor we'll drink, And we'll be wonderous merry."
Title from item.
Printseller's announcement following publication statement: Folios of caricatures lent.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Temporary local Medical Library subject terms: Skeleton as death -- Demons & devils.
- 1 print : plate mark 240 x 362 mm
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1798
Etchings England London 1798
- etching ; and hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1798
England > London > 1798
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)