Old Q-uiz the old goat of Piccadilly [graphic]
Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library > Old Q-uiz the old goat of Piccadilly [graphic]
- Old Q-uiz the old goat of Piccadilly [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Old Quiz the old goat of Piccadilly
- Dighton, Robert, 1752-1814, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [25 February 1796]
- Publication Place
- Published Feby. 25th, 1796, by R. Dighton, Charing Cross
"Queensberry (right), walking beside a buxom young milliner, puts out an arm to touch her. His left hand is in a large muff. He wears a star and from his coat-pocket issue bottles labelled 'Renovating Balsam' and 'Velno's Vegetable Syrup' (see British Museum Satires No. 7592). She carries an arched-topped coffer (as in British Museum Satires No. 4923) and seems not unwilling."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Two lines of text below title: A shining star - in the British Peerage, and a usefull ornament to society. Fudge.
Temporary local subject terms: Male dress -- Trades: Milliners -- Velno's vegetable syrup -- Renovating balsam -- Containers: Milliners' coffer.
Temporary local Medical Library subject terms: Sex behavior -- Velno's Syrup.
1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; image and text 240 x 192 mm.
- 1 print : plate mark 25.3 x 24.2 cm, on sheet 38 x 27 cm
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
- Call Number
- Collection Title
- Leaf 9. Characatures by Dighton.
- Collection Date
- [England], [not before 1812]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1796
Etchings England London 1796
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Queensbury, William Douglas, Duke of, 1724-1811
- Subject (Topic)
Queensbury, William Douglas, Duke of, 1724-1811 > Caricatures and cartoons
England > 1796
England > London > 1796
Riviere & Son > Binding
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley > Ownership
Harvey, Francis > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)