Samuel Eborall diary : manuscript.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Samuel Eborall diary : manuscript.
- Samuel Eborall diary : manuscript.
- Eborall, Samuel, 1790-1853.
- Published / Created
- circa 1805-1820
- Copyright Date
- circa 1805-1820.
- Publication Place
Autograph manuscript diary, starting with a brief memoir of Eborall's childhood and education in schools in Litchfield and Warwickshire, England, and continuing with detailed entries about his life as a midshipman and naval officer. Most entries concern events in the Mediterranean station during the Napoleonic Wars, including service on the frigate Spartan, 1808-1810. Briefer entries, 1817-1820, relate to Eborall's command of merchant ships in Liverpool and the British West Indies. Some entries also discuss family relationships.
Binding: contemporary three quarter calf, with marbled boards.
Pages 105-132, 150-206 blank, not digitized.
Samuel Eborall (1790-1853) was a British naval officer active during the Napoleonic Wars.
Two pages have been partially cut away.
- 1 volume (circa 200 pages)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Osborn d518
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Diaries--England--19th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- West Indies, British--Commerce.
- Subject (Name)
Eborall, Samuel, 1790-1853.
Great Britain.--Royal Navy--Officers.
- Subject (Topic)
Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815--Naval operations, British
Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815--Personal narratives, British
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Samuel Eborall diary. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record