Adelaide first seen in the Gardens of Bagnieres [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Adelaide first seen in the Gardens of Bagnieres [graphic]
- Adelaide first seen in the Gardens of Bagnieres [graphic]
- Bartolozzi, Francesco, 1727-1815, printmaker
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Dickinson, William, 1746 or 1747-1823, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [26 November 1785]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd Novr. 26th, 1785, by W. Dickinson, engraver & printseller, No. 158 Bond Street
"A young woman wearing a plumed hat, carrying a feather fan, walking in a garden, past an urn set on a plinth, with two other women standing behind her to right, one fastening a corsage, wearing a striped scarf over her hair; after Bunbury."--British Museum online catalogue
Title engraved below image.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
One line of text below title: Je l'aimais dès ce premier moment, & ce moment à decidè de toute me vie. "Le Comte de Commenge."
Mounted on page 41 in volume 2 of: Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- 1 print : sheet 40.0 x 35 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3563 v.2 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, page 41. Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, collector.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [between 1765 and 1792]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Etchings England London 1785
Stipple engravings England London 1785
- etching and stipple engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Tencin, Claudine Alexandrine Guérin de, 1682-1749.
- Subject (Topic)
Tencin, Claudine Alexandrine Guérin de, 1682-1749 > Illustrations
England > London > 1785
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)