Lewis Walpole Library > Gleaners [graphic]
- Gleaners [graphic]
- Knight, Charles, 1743-1827?, printmaker
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Dickinson, William, 1746 or 1747-1823, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 March 1787]
- Publication Place
- Published March 1st, 1787, by W. Dickinson, engraver & printseller, No. 158 Bond Street
"Three women in a field, one kneeling at left fastening corn into a bundle, another carrying hers on her head, the third behind, turned away with the grain under her arm, a boy sits playing a pipe at right, a building with tower behind; oval design after Bunbury."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
Mounted on page 51 in volume 2 of: Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- 1 print : oval image 31.9 x 37.8 cm, on sheet 40.1 x 45.5 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3563 v.2 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, page 51. Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, collector.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [between 1765 and 1792]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Stipple engravings England London 1787
Engravings England London 1787
- stipple engraving and engraving on laid paper ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > London > 1787
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)