A general on the staff An inspecting general / [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A general on the staff An inspecting general / [graphic]
- A general on the staff An inspecting general / [graphic]
Bunbury, Henry, Sir, 1778-1860, artist.
Dickinson, William, 1746 or 1747-1823, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [23 February 1795]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd by W. Dickinson &c. Feby. 23d, 1795, No. 53 next York House, Piccadilly
"Two designs on one plate:  A short, corpulent, and gouty officer with closed eyes hobbles (left to right) on crutches. Behind him (left) a taller and younger officer stands in back view.  An elderly officer, wearing spectacles, looks admiringly at a pretty girl (left) holding a basket of fruit."--British Museum online catalogue
Titles from text below images.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
Mounted on page 89 in volume 2 of: Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- 1 print : sheet 17.4 x 28 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3563 v.2 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, page 89. Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, collector.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [between 1765 and 1792]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1795
Stipple engravings England London 1795
- stipple engraving with engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1795
England > London > 1795
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)