Autolycus selling his wares Shakespear's Winters tale, Act IV, Scene 3d / [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Autolycus selling his wares Shakespear's Winters tale, Act IV, Scene 3d / [graphic]
- Autolycus selling his wares Shakespear's Winters tale, Act IV, Scene 3d / [graphic]
- Knight, Charles, 1743-1827?, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [1 June 1790]
- Publication Place
- Published June 1st, 1790, by W. Dickinson, engraver, Bond Street
"A man dancing in the centre of a crowd of villagers, waving ribbons in the air and with a tray of his goods around his neck, including toys and ballad sheets, a cottage behind at right; after a drawing by Henry William Bunbury."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
Mounted on page 101 in volume 2 of: Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- 1 print : sheet 41.3 x 55 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3563 v.2 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, page 101. Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, collector.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [between 1765 and 1792]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Stipple engravings England London 1790
Etchings England London 1790
Engravings England London 1790
- stipple engraving, etching, and engraving in bistre ink ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
- Subject (Topic)
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 > Illustrations
England > London > 1790
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)