A girl of Modena [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A girl of Modena [graphic]
- A girl of Modena [graphic]
- Tomkins, Peltro William, 1759-1840, printmaker
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Watts, Simon, active 1767-1787, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [14 June 1785]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd June 14th, 1785, by S. Watts, No. 50 opposite Old Round Court, Strand
"A young woman sitting on a bench in a landscape, full-length, three-quarter to right, with a hat and fan, trees in the left middle distance, a house across a field in the right background, in an oval; after Bunbury."--British Museum online catalogue
Title engraved below image.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
Mounted on page 42 in volume 2 of: Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- 1 print : oval image 20.5 x 16 cm, on sheet 24.1 x 17 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3563 v.2 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, page 42. Etchings by Henry William Bunbury, Esq. and after his designs.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, collector.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [between 1765 and 1792]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Stipple engravings England London 1785
Etchings England London 1785
- stipple engraving and etching ; and laid paper bistre ink.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Peasants > Italy > Modena
Clothing & dress > Italy
England > London > 1785
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)