Anglers of 1611 [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Anglers of 1611 [graphic]
- Anglers of 1611 [graphic]
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Field & Tuer, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [approximately 1868?]
- Publication Place
- Field & Tuer
"Two young men and two women dressed in an approximation of seventeenth-century costume with rods and a pile of fish they have just caught."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Attributed to Rowlandson in the British Museum catalogue.
Restrike. For original issue of the plate, see British Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 1935,0522.9.146.b.
Plate from: Caricatures drawn & etched by those celebrated artists Gillray, Rowlandson, Cruikshanks, &c. [London] : [Field & Tuer], [ca. 1868?]
Plate originally published in 1811? See: Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, pages 220-2.
Companion print to: Anglers of 1811.
Temporary local subject terms: Angling in hilly streams -- Costume: Anglers, 1611 -- Landscape: Hill-top -- Fish: ?Salmon.
On leaf 39 of: Caricatures drawn & etched by those celebrated artists Gillray, Rowlandson, Cruikshanks, &c.
- 1 print : plate mark 19.0 x 26 cm, on sheet 59 x 43 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 836C (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Leaf 39. Caricatures drawn & etched by those celebrated artists Gillray, Rowlandson, Cruikshanks, &c.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Tuer, Andrew White, 1838-1900, collector.
- Collection Date
- [London] : [Field & Tuer], [ca. 1868?]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)