"A Valedictory. Forbidding Mourning: To the Lady of the House"
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Donald Clifford Gallup papers (YCAL MSS 838) > February 2000 Acquisition > T. S. Eliot Papers > Manuscripts > "A Valedictory. Forbidding Mourning: To the Lady of the House"
- "A Valedictory. Forbidding Mourning: To the Lady of the House"
- From the Collection: Gallup, Donald, 1913-2000
- Published / Created
- Includes: Typescript (original): 2 leaves. 25 1/2cm. Signed, with manuscript corrections, and inscribed to Mrs. John Carroll Perkins, 28 Sept 1935. Unpublished. Purchased Seven Gables Bookshop, June 1961. Prepared by Mrs. Perkins. Signed, with manuscript corrections, and inscribed by the author for Mrs. Perkins, [Petersham, N. H.] 18 Jul 1946. Purchased Goodspeed's, Dec 1972 Pencil copy (probably in the hand of Mrs. Perkins): 3 leaves. 22 1/2cm. With ink corrections and annotations (probably also by Mrs. Perkins) and indication of lines omitted in reading by Eliot at Petersham, 18 July 1946. Purchased Seven Gables Bookshop, 1961. Another typescript: 5 leaves. 14cm. Prepared by some member of the Perkins family for reading. (n.d.) Purchased Seven Gables Bookshop, 1961. Ink copy. 4 pages, 21cm. In envelope inscribed in pencil: "As read by T. S. E. at Petersham, Mass., for E B P's garden lecture July 18, 1946", and in ink: "Garden Poem by T. S. Eliot, 1935."
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- YCAL MSS 838
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 22
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Donald Clifford Gallup Papers. Yale Collection of American Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)