German suited original design playing cards manufactured circa 1855, Dresden
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > German suited original design playing cards manufactured circa 1855, Dresden
- German suited original design playing cards manufactured circa 1855, Dresden
- Sommer & Seupke, playing card maker
- Cary Collection of Playing Cards (Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library)
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Dresden and Germany Dresden
- publisher not identified
BEIN GER581: Imperfect: lacking King of Bells. From the Cary Collection of Playing Cards.
Title devised by cataloger.
German suit system.
Type: original design.
Composition of deck: 32 [A, K, O, U, 10-7].
Tax stamp on 7B, black: [crown] / [heraldic device] / 2 1/2 NGR.
Pipcards and Jokers: 10s indicated by "X"; 8H: Somer / & / Seupke / in Dresden; 7H: Eintracht.
CourtCards: Ks seated, double suit signs; Os, Us are military figures.
Aces: DH, child and pedestal; DB, balloon and windmill; DA, fountain; DL, man kneels before fire; volcano erupts in the background.
- 32 cards : 55 x 31 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- color ;, engraving, and stenciling (process)
- Resource Type
- text and still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
- Playing cards
Playing cards > Germany > Specimens
Cary, Melbert B., Jr., 1892-1941 > Ownership
Cary, Mary Flagler > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)