Livre de la tres sainte trinite
- Livre de la tres sainte trinite
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1700]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper and parchment of a version in French of the German text, Das Buch von der Heiligen Dreifaltigkeit, with close copies of the illuminations in two fifteenth-century manuscripts. Contains illustrations that mix Christian symbolism, especially the Passion of Christ, with alchemical symbolism, and also depict some apparatus.
All 14 illustrations digitized. Parchment foliation includes interleaved blanks which were not digitized.
Binding: Nineteenth-century French citron polished calf, sides bordered with triple gold rules, gold-stamped fleurons at the corners, back in compartments gold-stamped with small tools, red morocco title label, marbled pastedowns and flyleaves, the latter glued to parchment flyleaves which appear to have come from an earlier binding of this volume; mottled edges.
Script: Calligraphically written in brown ink in a very clear, large cursive hand.
Watermarks: Paper watermarked with large fleur-de-lys with a cartouche, surmounted by a crown, the letter "W" below, perhaps identical to Heawood 1845.
With illustrations added about 1875.
- ff. ii + 211 + 28 + i : paper and parchment ; 396 x 261 (315 x 187) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Mellon MS 74
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Livre de la tres Sainte Trinite. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Witten, Laurence C. and Pachella, Richard. Alchemy and the Occult: A Catalogue of Books and Manuscripts from the Collection of Paul and Mary Mellon. Volume Four: Manuscripts, Mellon MS 74.
- Orbis Record