Plan of Mount Independence.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Plan of Mount Independence.
- Plan of Mount Independence.
- Trumbull, John, 1756-1843, creator.
- Published / Created
- 1776 August
- Copyright Date
Original water color plan made by Col. John Trumbull in Fort Ticonderoga, August, 1776, by order of General George Washington and sent to Congress. It was accompanied by a memorial to Congress urging the abandonment of Fort Independence and the occupation of Mount Defiance.
Coordinates not present on map and are approximated.
Title devised by cataloger.
- 1 map : manuscript, color ; 32 x 39 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Scale not given.
- (W 73°24ʹ00ʺ--W 73°22ʹ12ʺ/N 43°51ʹ00ʺ--N 43°49ʹ48ʺ)., 043.830000, 043.850000, -073.370000, -073.400000, and a
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- BrSides Folio 2015 13
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscript maps
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Independence, Mount (Vt.)--Maps--Early works to 1800.
Vermont--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)