Diary : manuscript.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Diary : manuscript.
- Diary : manuscript.
- Ford, Francis, Sir, 1758-1801.
- Ford, Francis,--Sir,--1758-1801.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
Autograph diary containing brief entries for most days of the year 1790. Subjects include Ford's daily activities; the weather; travel to and from Bridgetown; church services; social events with other planters; the arrival and departure of the packet boats from England; and purchases and other financial transactions.
Annotations on blank leaves in the printed almanac section of the volume concern weather; social appointments; and ship arrivals and departures.
Bound with and inscribed in Perch's pocket almanac, calculated by Mr. Thomas Donohue....Barbados: Printed by Tho. Wtt. Perch, MDCCXC .
Entries made from both front and back of volume.
Purchased from Ken Spelman, Ltd. on the James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Fund, 2011.
Sir Francis Ford (1758-1801) was the only son of the Barbados planter Francis Ford of Lears (1717-1772). He was educated at Lincoln's Inn and St. John's College, Cambridge, and married Mary Anson, daughter of George Anson (1731-1789) in 1785.. Created baronet in 1793, Ford was MP for Newcastle-under-Lyme, 1793-1796. He died in Barbados in 1801 and left his estate to his son, Francis Ford (1787-1839).
- 1 volume ; 15 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Osborn c739
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Sir Francis Ford, Diary. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)