Letter : Philadelphia, to [John Denison Baldwin]
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Yale Collection of American Literature manuscript miscellany (YCAL MSS MISC) > H > HALE, SARAH JOSEPHA BUELL, 1788-1879 > Letter : Philadelphia, to [John Denison Baldwin]
- Letter : Philadelphia, to [John Denison Baldwin]
- Hale, Sarah Josepha Buell, 1788-1879
- Published / Created
- 1847 May 4
- ALS praising his "The Story of Raymond Hill, and Other Poems," commenting in detail on the title poem and promising to review it favorably in Godey's Lady's Book. She mentions his "The Dark Room" and says she received a story by his protegée Martha Russel but cannot use it. She explains why his article "on the Northmen" was not published in Godey's, but suggests including it in "The Opal; a Pure Gift for the Holy Days", which she is to edit for 1848, and discusses the price she could offer him.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- YCAL MSS MISC
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 34, folder GROUP 556, F-1
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- [Author], [Item Title]. Yale Collection of American Literature Manuscript Miscellany. Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)