- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965, associated name
- Published / Created
- One black wool vest lined with polished cotton, which was made by the tailor J.C. Littlefield of Boston and owned by T. S. Eliot. The maker's tag on the inside of the back buckle strap was signed: "T. S. Eliot Sept. 27/06." The vest was given by Eliot to Andrew Carnduff Ritchie, who wore it at a formal event at Eliot's parish church in England.
Gift of Jane Thompson Ritchie, 1979.
T. S. Eliot (1888-1965), American author who lived and worked in England.
Title devised by cataloger.
- 1 item : wool and polished cotton ; 63 x 43 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
No linguistic content; Not applicable
- Call Number
- YCAL MSS 932
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- T. S. Eliot, Vest. Yale Collection of American Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record