Emigrants crossing the plains
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Emigrants crossing the plains
- Emigrants crossing the plains
- Hall, Henry Bryan, active 1850-1900, artist
Darley, Felix Octavius Carr, 1822-1888, artist.
D. Appleton and Company, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- New York and United States New York (State) New York
- D. Appleton & Co.
Engraving depicts European Americans in wagon train on hilly trail. Covered wagons are drawn by oxen, while loose cattle and a dog wander between them. One couple is walking past rocks at left, a mounted man in foreground leads the way while another man holding long whip stands alongside front wagon. In background, snowy mountain peaks
BEIN WA Prints 433: On sheet 23 x 29 cm. Hand colored.
Title from caption below image.
Engraved by H.B. Hall.
Printed below image: Entered according to act of Congress, A.D. 1869, by D. Appleton & Co. in the clerk's office of the district court for the southern district of N.Y.
- 1 print : 15 x 22 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA Prints 433
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)