Uncle Sam's panorama of Rip van Winkle and Yankee Doodle
- Uncle Sam's panorama of Rip van Winkle and Yankee Doodle
- Mamberger, Wm., ill., McLoughlin Bros., inc., publisher, and Nast, Thomas, 1840-1902, ill.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1875]
- Publication Place
- New York
- McLoughlin Bros.
Eight scenes from the story of Rip van Winkle and six scenes from the story of Yankee Doodle are pasted together side by side to form a long panoramic strip. The strip is mounted on two rollers within a one-sided box; exterior cranks turn the strip. The p
- Panorama illustrations by Thomas Nast. The stage setting surrounding the panorama and the illustrated title on the outer box are both signed: Wm. Mamberger.
27 x 28 x 4 cm. in box 32 x 32 x 5 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Shirley +515
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859. Rip Van Winkle--Pictorial works
- Subject (Topic)
- Toy and movable books
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record