Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi.
- Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi.
- Alternative Title
- Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi
- Petrus Pictaviensis
- Published / Created
- s. XIII 2/4 [2nd quarter 13th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of Petrus Pictaviensis, Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi.
Binding: Nineteenth century, Germany. Grubby blue paper wrapper. Title, in ink, on upper cover: "Manuscript des XIII#t#e#n Jahrhunderts. Historia mundi sec. ord. chronol. usque ad mortem Jesu Christi".
Genealogical tables accompany text throughout: drawn in red with roundels connected by pairs of parallel lines and aligned between red vertical rulings. Roundels for Adam and Eve, f. 1r, in yellow and blue, respectively; the roundels for their descendants on green ground. The plan of the temple at Jerusalem, f. 4r, in red, green and blue. The roundels for Christ, f. 5r, in blue, yellow, and red. Headings in red; spaces left for decorative initials remain unfilled.
Lower portion of f. 1 torn, with loss of text.
Script: Written by a single scribe in fine gothic bookhand, above top line.
- ff. 5 : parchment ; 350 x 235 (264 x 200) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Marston MS 26
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Christian literature, Latin (Medieval and modern)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Petrus Pictaviensis, Compendium Historiae in Genealogia Christi. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 26.
- Orbis Record
- More Information