Letter for John Andevyr, Abbot of Malmesbury, 1459 Mar 10.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Letter for John Andevyr, Abbot of Malmesbury, 1459 Mar 10.
- Letter for John Andevyr, Abbot of Malmesbury, 1459 Mar 10.
- Wynhale, Walter
Letter on parchment in a gothic hand from Wyndale, Provincial Prior of the Dominican Order in England, excusing Andevyr from monastic discipline and liturgical duties by reason of his infirmities
Illuminated initial letter.
Remains of seal showing the figure of St. Dominic.
- 1 21 cm. x 32 cm. vol. (1 l.) ;
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Osborn fa34
- Related Resource Online
- View a detailed description.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
- Resource Type
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Monastic and religious life
Dominicans > England
Monastic and religious life > England
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Walter Wynhale, Letter for John Andevyr, Abbot of Malmesbury. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)