Homiliae in Evangelia (fragment).
- Homiliae in Evangelia (fragment).
- Gregory I, Pope, ca. 540-604.
- Published / Created
- [between 1190 and 1210]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of some of Gregory the Great's homilies on the gospels.
Decoration: two initials, "I" (4-line) and "C" (3-line) are in red and yellow. The red 1-line initial "D" beginning the lesson is round and highlighted with yellow; other 1-line initials are in brown uncials with some rustic capital and enlarged minuscule forms, usually highlighted in red; rubric in red minuscule highlighted with yellow; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; hyphenation in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 255 x 190 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 481.74
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gregory the Great, Homiliae in Evangelia (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information