- Lectionary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a lectionary containing: Lamentations 9 and Hebrews 6.
According to Hartmut Hoffmann this leaf is by the same hand that copied the Homiliary fragments preserved in Melk, Cod. 793 (fols. I and 394), and in Kremsmunster, Fr. I/17. The fragment was used as a flyleaf in the binding of another volume.
Decoration: two 3-line initials outlined in brown; 1-line capitals are in brown rustic capitals; Hebrew words in Lamentations are written in rustic capitals; interlinear neumes for the lessons from Lamentations were added later; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus.
Script: written in Caroline minuscule.
- 1 ff. : parchment ; 275 x 208 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.8
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--9th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Lectionary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information