Noted Breviary (fragment).
- Noted Breviary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1090 and 1110].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a noted breviary containing: Dedication of a church; Holy Trinity.
Decoration: 1-line lesson and oration initials are in orange rustic capitals with uncial "M"; smaller 1-line initials are in brown rustic capitals several highlighted with orange; rubrics are written in a mixture of orange minuscule or in rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus; interlinear neumes are in the St. Gall style.
Script: written in two sizes of Caroline minuscule with a larger script for the lessons and prayers and a smaller script for the chants.
The fragment was used as a flyleaf in the binding of Lambach Ccl 285.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 204 x 140 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.14
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--11th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Noted Breviary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information