- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1050 and 1099].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing among others: St. Felix in Pincis (14 January); St. Marcellus (16 January); St. Prisca (18 January); St. George (23 April); St. Mark (25 April); Letania Maior ad S. Laurentium (25 April); Apostles Philip and James (1 May); and Sts. Alexander, Eventius, Theodolus, and Juvenal (3 May).
Decoration: there are two 7-line initials on fol. 2; they are in red outline with a center shaft filled with red and are decorated with foliate ornamentation; 1- and 2-line prayer initials alternate red and brown; the red initials are sometimes filled with yellow; 1-line chant initials are in brown rustic capitals, occasionally highlighted with red; punctuated with the punctus and punctus interrogativus; diacritical marks appear over the interrogative word in a question, in the Beneventan fashion; accents in the same ink as the text; there are 2 10-line initials on fols. 3-4; rubrics written in red rustic capitals marked with a horizontal yellow line; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in Caroline minuscule by two scribes, one on fols. 1-2 and the other on fols. 3-4.
The bifolium 1/2 was used as a wrapper for another volume; the bifolium 3/4 formed a portion of a wrapper of another volume.
- ff. 1-4 : parchment ; 284 x 55 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.19
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--11th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information