Bible, Mark, or Lectionary or Missal (fragment).
- Bible, Mark, or Lectionary or Missal (fragment).
- Alternative Title
- Bible. N.T. Mark
- Published / Created
- [between 990 and 1010].
- Publication Place
- S. Germany or N. Italy,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a portion of the biblical book of Mark, or a lectionary, or a missal.
Decoration: 1-line initials are in brown rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus and punctus versus.
Script: written in Caroline minuscule.
The fragment was used as a pastedown in the binding of another volume.
The speakers in the text are noted by letters above the first word of quoted text: "T" for Jesus, "C" for the narrator, and "I" for other speakers; these letters indicate the different ways to read the words of the speakers in the passage during Holy Week, in this case, Feria III.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 219 x 188 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.20
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--10th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--11th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--10th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--11th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bible, Mark, or Lectionary or Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information