Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
- Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1150].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
Manuscript fragment on parchment of a Gallican psalter containing portions of Psalms 29 and 32.
Decoration: one 3-line initial at the beginning of Psalm 30 in silver highlighted with blue and green; initials at the beginning of verses are in red square capitals; Psalm 30 begins with a full line of brown rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and one punctus flexus, but the punctus elevatus and punctus flexus may be later alterations of original punctus; later gothic hands have made corrections and liturgical additions in the margin of fol. 1r.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The fragment was used as a pastedown in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 198 x 140 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.25
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Psalter (Gallican) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information