- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing among other items: Epiphany; first through fourth Sundays after Epiphany; and Psalm responsories for use between Epiphany and Septuagesima.
Decoration: 1-line initials at the beginning of responses are in square capitals in thick brown ink dotted or filled with orange; 1-line initials at the beginning of antiphons and verses are brown rustic capitals highlighted with orange; rubrics are written in orange rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus; interlinear neumes for chants with full texts are in the St. Gall style.
Script: written in Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 294 x 200 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.26
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information