- Lectionary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a lectionary containing portions of 2 Kings 2-3.
Decoration: 2- and 3-line initials at the beginning of lessons are written in red uncials; 1-line initials are written in brown rustic capitals; rubrics written in red rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus interrogativus.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The fragment was used in the binding of another volume; there is an undeciphered inscription on the recto in a fifteenth-century cursive gothic hand.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 340 x 157 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.38
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Lectionary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information