Noted Breviary (fragment).
- Noted Breviary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1150].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a noted breviary containing: Second Sunday of Advent; Feria II of the second week of Advent; and Feria III of the second week of Advent.
Decoration: 1- and 2-line initials at the beginning of lessons are in red square capitals; 1-line initials are in brown rustic capitals; rubrics are written in red rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus; accents have been added by a later hand; interlinear neumes in the St. Gall style.
Script: written in two sizes of late Caroline minuscule with a smaller script for the chants and a larger one for the lessons.
The fragments were used as the pastedown (fol. 2) and flyleaf (fol. 1) in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 191 x 155 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.40
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Noted Breviary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information