Noted Breviary (fragment).
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Noted Breviary (fragment).
- Noted Breviary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany,
Manuscript fragment on parchment of a noted breviary containing the Assumption of Mary (15 August).
Decoration: 2- and 3-line initials at the beginning of lessons are in red square capitals; 1-line initials at the beginning of chants are in brown rustic capitals dotted or highlighted with red; rubrics are written in red rustic capitals except for the homily rubric which is partially in minuscule; punctuated with the punctus; interlinear neumes in the St. Gall style; the name "maria" has been supplied twice on the recto by a later hand.
Script: written in two sizes of Caroline minuscule, with a smaller script for the chants and a larger one for the lessons.
The fragment was used in the binding of Lambach, Stiftsbibliothek, Ccl 282.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 205 x 165 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.41
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Noted Breviary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information